Photo Credit: Everfest
Warm weather is upon us and it usually brings the anticipation of outdoor food festivals and events. It seems like the Maryland food festival list continues to grow each year with new events, locations and sponsors. Arli’s Appetite is officially ready to eat spicy barbecue, feast from the food trucks and have tons of fun at the 2016 Food and Drink Festivals.
1. Wine & Food Festival – National Harbor MD/DC April 23-24 and Baltimore May 14. Maryland has tons of local wineries and craft breweries in the DMV area, too many to name. This festival will feature 150 international, national and local wine, beer and spirits. Save time and money and sample them all in one location! And lets not forget about the local Maryland food favorites. Restaurants and food trucks will be on-site with all-you-can-taste food options. They will also have a Cooking Kitchen area with hands-on cooking demonstrations and wine pairings. With two event locations, one in Baltimore at Canton Waterfront and the other in National Harbor you have the option of date and scenery.
GENERAL ADMISSION & TASTING GLASS: $39 Advance / $49 On-Site Access from Noon – 5pm. Includes a souvenir wine glass, unlimited samples, and cooking demos. For ticket information visit www.bmorewine.com
Photo Credit: Heather Victoria Photography
2. Chesapeake Crab and Beer Festival – National Harbor MD/DC August 27 and Baltimore June 25. It wouldn’t be Maryland if there weren’t a crab festival or two or three. This 3rd annual festival is unique because it focuses on one thing only — CRABS! A VIP Ticket offers an all-you-can-eat option with 30,000 crabs, over 50 beers, wines and a few spirits…I suggest the VIP option. It’s also family a friendly event featuring arts and crafts, live music and family fun.
VIP CRAB & BEER TICKET: $89 Advance This option offers guests an all-you-can eat and drink experience. Guests will enjoy a souvenir mug and mallet, unlimited tastes of the beer and wine on-site. This includes ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE Crabs and Corn on the Cob. GENERAL ADMISSION TICKET: $59 Advance This option offers guests an ALL YOU CARE TO TASTE BEER experience PLUS 6 CRABS from the a la carte tents. Guests will enjoy a souvenir mug, unlimited tastes of the beer and wine on-site. Any food more than the included 6 crabs will be purchased a la carte. For ticket information visit http://www.mdcrabfest.com.
Photo Credit: Steve Ruark
3. Taste of Three Cities – Baltimore, Patterson Park 2806 Eastern Ave. June 4. I love a good Food Truck Festival! Baltimore vs. D.C. vs. Philadelphia Food Trucks. The day-long food truck festival and competition is back and better than ever and this year’s event is in the beautiful Patterson Park. Guests will enjoy the regions top 40 food trucks with a range of culinary options such as barbecue, soul food, seafood, desserts and many more. Everyone will have the opportunity to vote for their favorites. This is a family-friendly event complete with live music, games and a family zone.
General Admission $20, Family Pack $45, VIP $75 For ticket information visit http://tasteof3cities.com
Photo Credit: Brew and Bourbon Classic
4. Brew and Bourbon Classic – Baltimore, Pimlico Race Course June 11. With over 35 bourbons and 40 beer options, this festival is one for the B&B lover in everyone. Food options include beef brisket, barbecue, bacon and cheese steaks just to name a few. While you watch live horse races and listen to music, cigars will be on-hand for purchase, they are the perfect companion to your bourbon.
$39.00 Admission includes all-you-can-taste beer and bourbon in a souvenir glass, access to a special VIP race viewing area, FREE admission to the track, live music and all the exhibits. FREE parking is also included with your ticket. You must be 21 to enter the event, no children permitted. http://www.brewandbourbonclassic.com/
Photo Credit: Beer Bacon Music
5. Beer Bacon Music Festival – Frederick, MD Fairgrounds 797 East Patrick Street May 21. Let’s be honest, I’ll only be there for the bacon! This event features a two-ton bacon bar that includes smoked bacon, jalapeno bacon, maple black pepper bacon, pecan wood and smoked bacon…come back and enjoy the bacon bar as many times as you’d like. Guests will also enjoy over 100 beer varieties, live music and a family zone for kids of all ages.
Admission $40.00 – $55.00 for ticket information visit http://beerbaconmusic.com/
Be sure to follow my foodie and cocktail adventures on Instagram.com/Arlisappetite and twitter.com/ArliBaby.